Thursday, December 01, 2005

Pie in the sky.

In spite of looming papers, I felt it necessary to reward my--what--three loyal readers with some juicy tidbit, this time in the form of strawberry-rhubarb pie. I went to a pie restaurant this evening for a food adventure. So it is American fare, I think, but that happens to include marinated ox tail and jello topped with mayonnaise! The restaurant is owned by a South American couple and staffed by Mexican and German waitresses. How more American can you get? Oh, and there was the pie. Tangy and sweet delight!
----------------------
To all my scholastic readers in the throes of finals, good luck compadres! The end is near and the prize in sight: a few weeks of lazy bliss!

3 comments:

cyathula said...

wow, yummy weirdness, i want pie!

i think i need to break, my brain is turning into jelly, yargh

we must meet, somehow!

Kendra said...

you're inspiring me to seek out a sweet treat tonight. I am planning to make thai coconut curry, but afterwards....?

jennifer said...

always set your sights on this above, like pie. should you ever find your self in Berkeley, we shall go taste the wonder of amaretto pie! (there is also such thing as coconut cream pie; a compliment to curry?)