Wednesday, July 26, 2006

hasta luego, mexico!

Very cool inside. No pictures allowed though, they said.

Cactuses pegged to the art museum

Lobo.

Giraffe!!!

This is the sadest rhinoseros I've ever seen. (Of the 2 I've seen in my lifetime...)

so...many...children...in...the...zoo

taking off tomorrow. i´m leaving tomorrow? at 5 i´ve got to catch the subway to the airport. will make more lucid and composed closing remarks later. just a quick rundown for tonight.

- went to frida´s house. beautiful art and touching coziness. her bed is there. her pots. her art. her collected things. wuite something.
- on the way back to subway met a mom and daughter pair from puebla. they were super nice to me, thinking that i was going to get horribly lost with my horrible spanish. gave me their address and invited me to visit them anytime. so nice!
- went to the zoo. some amazing collection of animals. super crowded! every child in mexico city must have been there! half of them all sitting around in blue t-shirts with a summer camp. the biggest summer camp in civilization, i swear. other kids with their families, tethered by leashes that the vendors are selling. never seen so many kids in all my life. a city of children.
- say museo de arte contemporario. kinda small and underwhelming after frida´s house.
- sat in cafeteria and read book. ate yummy torta de hawaiiano. and another dessert, this time of flan, chocolate cake, whipped cream, and frutas. i love dessert!

I now have 12 pesos to my name. Please let me get to the airport on my 2 pesos metro ticket! Have to be at the airport by 5am. i think i can swing 5:30. three hours ahead of a flight is a bit crazy.

No comments: