Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bello, bellisimo.

Life proceeds uneventfully. Spring is coming. The sun shines more warmly each day, though trees still poke their empty branches against the bright blue skies. School has just begun and I find myself taking the minimum of classes, leaving me with perhaps far too much loose time on my hands. Hmm, or just avoiding the productive activities I should be doing, like searching for a job and working on my research project. Anyway, so one of my time-filler activities was visiting flea markets and farmer's markets. This medieval weapon of a broccoli came from a farmer's market in Oakland. A "Romanesco" the seller said. How do you even eat this puppy, I don't know.

2 comments:

cyathula said...

I saw that thing at central market at some point. it's pretty weird, did you eat it yet?

comment on the pics on your last entry: you must have a really nice cell phone, or maybe I still live in the stone age of cell phones (which I do). And aren't most of us completely lost as far as where we're going in life.

jennifer said...

lost in a spiraling fractal of a romanesco floret. yeah, this phone's major feature is it's camera. nice!