Sunday, November 06, 2005

a good hair day

Last night Afro House had its first event, a Reggae and Poetry night with the musical stylings of the aptly named band Hairdoo. I don't believe I've seen so many dreds in one place! The night began with lots of heaving of furrniture to clear a space in our small, dark living room. The band set up and began playing a bit, but with only 2 ppl who were non-house members things looked ufortunately grim. I was even a bit surprised by how good Hairdoo was. Also discouraging was how many house members insisted that they would not come b/c they weren't down with parties. Hey ppl, I'm no 24 hr. party person either, but we've got to represent for our house!

But after a while people began rolling in and we had a cozy crowd listening to ppl read their poetry and freestyle with the band. House members trickled out of their rooms and when the Hairdoo began to play we all rushed to floor to dance together; the fire in our fireplace cast moving shadows on the walls.

I also made some killer chocolate chip cookies for the house and for sale. I'm surprised by how good they turned out; we could have charged more than 25 cents for each. Here is the recipe if you'd like to make cookies as beautiful as the ones the cafeteria ladies made.

3 comments:

Tinky/Caddy said...

Creative Cookie-Baker, am catching up on your blog and would like to remark on earlier post...Maybe "B Is About Balance" as well as "Being Above Average Always and Even Beyond Your Time/Training at Berkeley". Talk to you soon and take care!

cyathula said...

cooooooooookies

it's terrible how sweets oriented i've become these days, it's irresistable.

jennifer said...

Ah, I made another B on a paper! Maybe UT was all about grade inflation. But then B is the standard. Actually, I like knowing that I have room to improve. But I can't say I'm overly pleased with myself either.
-----------------
These cookies are bodacious. You must try them.