Thursday, November 03, 2005

Loques!

Last night, while drying off after a shower, I happened to hear the door knob of the bathroom turn. Too bad for you, I thought, it's locked. I thought! Mutual squeels of embarrassment ensued when my roommate and I both found ourselves in a sticky situation. In the end I think she was more mortified than I was. I'm actually very glad that if it had to be anyone, it was her and not some guy.

I haven't described my roommate yet. She's everything you'd think to expect of a LA, SoCal girl: long blonde hair, likes to surf, loves the sun. But then there are the things that will make me always think of her when I think of Berkeley. Like her extreme love of Jamaica, where she spent her summer studying African religion. Or her die-hard love of Damion Marley, son of Bob. And her passion for music, all kinds, especially Latin and Carribbean. Or her mini samba practice sessions everynight. And just passion for life and people. With luck, she'll fulfill her next travel destination in the spring in Cuba. Ah, I don't think I'll find another roommate quite like her.

No comments: