Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Texas new year--watch the fajitas.

After some reading in the UH (Univ. of Houston) library I began thinking about how I really could live in Houston. If for some reason Berkeley doesn't work out I could go to UH's School of Social of Work, but then I am only basing this on UH's newly removated library with glorious rows after rows of study rooms and carrels, unlike the piddling few at UC Berkeley for which you must stake claim early or just go somewhere else to seek a conducive study environment. With Houston, though, if you look past the mosquitoes, traffic, pollution, and sweltering humidity you'd see a bustling metropolis with diversity, art, a museum district, parks, and a Chinatown. Mind you, this all came to me while sailing down a trafficless freeway in 80 degree weather the day after Christmas. My thoughts may be vastly different during any month past February.

-----------------

During what was supposed to be a fun-filled jaunt in Austin, two friends and I were trounced by food poisoning! So instead of hiking the Greenbelt or catching a flick at Dobie Theater or picking up Austin paraphenalia from Book-Woman, we all clutched our stomachs in groans cursing our bad luck and the bad fajitas. Feeling much better now, but will think twice before setting foot in Hula Hut again.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

i'm sorry to hear that...for you, and the hula hut. I love that place!

hope you are enjoying your break.