Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You!

I don't normally watch sports games and can hardly boast more than a rudimentary understanding of the rules of football, but I felt compelled to watch the Rose Bowl tonight. Throughout the game my mom and dad both patiently explained the business with 4 downs and field goals. I'm still miffed that the sportscasters only showcased a few piddling minutes of the Longhorn band during the halftime show. How can you cut off a Beatles medley?

I love California, but the USC's Trojans have no claim on my affections the way the Longhorns do. Victory is ours! GO LONGHORNS!!!

I hear reports that Austin is a glorious mess. People screaming. Firecrackers popping (at a time when wild fires are breaking out in the yellowness all over the state that was once grass). And sirens wailing as UTPD heads over to the UT campus to deal with what must be frentic celebrating.

TEXAS, TEXAS, YEE-HAW!!!

2 comments:

Tinky/Caddy said...

Go, Lady Longhorn! Good luck this time/term around!

jennifer said...

good luck to you all this new year! the/USC game was a one-man show, but thrilling nevertheless.