Saturday, March 18, 2006

Over easy

I went to a diner-ish eatery on Telegraph Ave. for breakfast today. I found myself standing in line behind a row of guys each three-times my size. A quick inspection of their t-shirts revealed that they were the Cal football team. Ah, this explains their orders of full breakfasts with sides of bacon, sausage, pancakes, and cheeseburgers. I can't even comprehend how much food they must all consume. A village worth.

At one point, two of the guys were mocking the English of the Korean owner at the cash register. But a team member called them out saying, "What, you think that's funny?" Hooray for football players with senses of social justice!

I enjoyed a glass orange juice, a scrambled egg, and a stack of blueberry pancakes. Yum! Come visit me -- I know where to take you for breakfast.

2 comments:

david said...

Jennifer, it's good to read your blog. how are things? did you get a field placement yet? it's the same old madness from the austin dimension. David

Tinky/Caddy said...

yes, i can attest that giving in to the commensality urge with you is always great.

and while it's not Berkely, there are some nice breakfast spots here in EvergreenCity as well ;)