Tuesday, May 23, 2006

i like bike

Today I rode a bike for the first time! Yes, this was my secret disability. I could not ride a bike. But that changed today. It was both exhilarating and utterly terrifying, but with about ten minutes of my friend holding the bike and running with me made me feel that I could do it. And...I did. Wow! So this is the bliss of cycled mobility. Granted, I'm not great at it. I still freak out when cars come and then tend to almost fall into bushes, but I could do it. I can ride straight and turn corners! Now, I just need a more developed method of braking that doesn't involve me stumbling sideways or into parked cars. Yosh!!!!!

--------------------

Ich liebe Sommer! I also went with my friend to the Stanford campus and walked all about. We stopped in the art library to browse through the Soetheby's and Christie's art catalogues. I also got some swanky orange tennis shoes. I bleed burnt orange. On my feet. (Ooo, like space cadette's orange pea coat...)

1 comment:

Tinky/Caddy said...

OMG-I can't believe you remember that jacket! And j'adoring the picture of you biking around the Bay.

We'll have to hit the pavement and woods together when you come to my part of studiestowns this summer.