Wednesday, May 10, 2006

O the terror, the suffering, for all the world to see, the worst terror that ever met my eyes.

This is day one of wearing hard contact lenses. Ouch. I can't stop blinking. My eyes keep screaming at the irritation, but it is getting better, or so I tell myself. I was starting to worry at bit while at the optometrist because when I tried to squeeze the contact lense out with my eyelids it kept drifting away and getting lodged in the corners of my eye. Ack. Putting them in is not so bad though. When I went to get myself fittend I had to settle on hard contacts. Why? Because the aperture or my eyes are too small. When the optometry student working with me pulled out a soft contact to try on me I almost freaked out. It was so big! There was no way it was going to fit in my eye. I read a comic strip once (done my a dude who makes comics of dreams that they submit to him). A girl dreamed that she woke up and went to put on her contacts only to find that the lenses were the size of her face. This is how I felt. After multiple tries and even trying out a smaller lense, the student busted out the hard lenses. Which aren't horrible. Everyone I talk to explains how the hard are better for your eye, especially in correcting astigmatism, which I have. I don't think I really prepared myself though for the change in my appearance. What will it be like to not wear glasses all the time. How will people perceive me? Differently now that I am not bespecled? Is it true that guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses? Still waiting for answers.

2 comments:

Tinky/Caddy said...

i'd take you w/ or w/o "four eyes". have fun w/ your new looks :P

jennifer said...

thanks! these new looks might look a bit better when i'm not blinking so frequently from the irritation of having something in my eyes.