Friday, June 16, 2006

Living la vida loca

Ah, happy to report that Grandmother is feeling much better. She's settled in a new hospital in downtown Houston for rehab, a hospital that even has a staff person from Fu Zhou! And her room is enormous, with sofas and accent tables with lamps and dressers and an extra bed for visiting family members. My grandmother's suicidal requests have decreased and will hopefully piddle out altogether once she gets walking some more.

I will also update the "new words" and "books" section once I get back from Peru/Guat/Belize/Mexico and don't have to suffer the stiffling confines of a dial-up connection that burns out when the day gets too hot. Will add Shalimar the Clown by Rushdie (excellent book! read it; i liked it even more than Midnight's Children) and From the Dust Returned by Bradbury (which was like a string of his previous short stories, some of which I have read so it was like reading a book I've read before).

Ah, my sis is getting into Houston today for a one day mad visit of family and grandmother and something for Father's Day and prepping for friend's wedding in Austin... Ahh. Much will be the travels that will soon be commencing, including a transcontinental (well semi-) drive-a-thon from Austin to Berkeley. Aii, I will not be in one place for long.

1 comment:

Tinky/Caddy said...

just got back from my own road trip. looking forward to reading about yours.

peace.