Tuesday, June 20, 2006

one wedding and 4 states

Hello from Mount Carmel, Utah. I am much chagrinned that I am unable to post my pics thus far up, but perhaps in a few days. I just attended a friend's wedding three days ago (a wedding that perfectly fit the personalities of my now wedded friends: bbq reception followed with an anime viewing). Got to see long-missed friends in Austin and camp out in an apartment complex that I used to live in. Found out that my travel route coincided with that of the newlyweds and so my friend and I are traveling with them and their visiting German friend. We made our way through Texas (long hot drive, much hills, then dry flatnessw, and scrubby vegetation, and many moo-moos), then New Mexico (beautiful mesas and goats and horses and metalwork and irrigation line/mobiles), and Arizona (gorgeous mountains and canyons, Hopi reservation with small houses and many school buses, postcard scenery in real time, layers of prehistoric sea history written on the walls), and Utah, which we hit at night and so there is not much to tell yet. We intended to camp at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon but we were thwarted by a forest fire that was smoking out the roads. So that is why we are in Utah outside of Zion National Park. Eee. More to report as the world turns. Thankfully did not kill any bunnies though they certainly displayed suicidal tendancies by running into the road in front of myh cart and parking their fuzzy butts.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Zion is BEAUTIFUL. Say hello to Utah for me!

Tinky/Caddy said...

Did you kiss its rocks--like the Blarney Stone :P