Thursday, June 29, 2006

mi manos can´t keep up with where i am

Cusco flags; not the gay flag, as a waiter pointedly told us.

Hello from Cusco, Peru! Hmm, yes, behind in updating about the mid-transatlantic driving adventure so I shall recap as thus. Camped out in Zion and Bryce. It is so hot in the desert even at high elevations. It was of much hotness yet sunscreen worked marvelously. Had great time with friends, catching up and bonding and hopping from tent to motels. Visited Yosemite only for a peek. Stepped out of car to take pictures of waterfall and were marauded by elephantine mosquitoes like out of a scene from Hatchet. The valley was, as my friend called it, a zoo. There was a mini shopping center that had shopping carts. There was an art studio for taking art classes. An Ansel Adams gallery. A car garage. Too much. And home again to California to spend some mad dash quality time with the sister.

And mad dash again from airplane to airplane, mini sandwhich to mini sandwhich, until I am here sitting in an internet cafe with a 2.5 liter waterbottle in my bag sitting next to my friend who is waiting for me to finish this so we can go grab some lunch and sleep the afternoon away before a 6am train ride to Macchu Pichu. It´s a mad house, this life of mine.

3 comments:

Tinky/Caddy said...

"a mini sandwich life", i like.

cyathula said...

Jennifer is crazy! But, I'm glad it sounds like you're still having a good time. ;)

jennifer said...

wee! let me know how your summer is going too. craziness abounds manifold.