Friday, September 08, 2006

Ikea kicks back


Because I will spending the next three days sequestered in my apartment studying. Because I'm not sure how I will survive another twenty articles of reading. Because I was feeling really boring having not even changed out of my pajamas. Here's a look at what my living room looks like. Still a little bare, but not barenaked like it was a few days ago. Last Saturday it pretty much came into existance as we secured all that furniture off craigslist and friends with the time limited use of a friend's truck. I think the look is a bit "contemporary" but what can you do when your budget is more like used Ikea than catalogue Pottery Barn. Nevertheless, I really like it. My course packets are already shrewn all over the couch. (That couch, by the way, was a hell monkey to get up two flights of stairs. It acquired stains, rips, and blood streaks on the trek up. It's not going anywhere soon. Don't worry, the blood's all cleaned off.)

1 comment:

Tinky/Caddy said...

1. could you guess that i'm already in love w/ your green TV cart? is that Ikea? maybe i'll go back (first trip w/ friends short b/c the milling herds made us feel like we were on a fam vacation in Orlando, FL).

2. blood? are you up-to-date w/ your tetanus shots?

3. every one of my bedsheets has black and blue ink stains on them--huh-huh-hot.