Tuesday, October 17, 2006

it's the little things...

My life has been school, internship, school, internship for the past few weeks. Very little excitement that came in the form of very little things. Of things that are worthy of reporting, there are

1) aphids! These ickle things have decimated my cilantro plant and are now working on my strawberry plants. I quickly quarantined them away from my other young herbs but am at a loss for how to save my slowly dying plants. Ah, the cilantro is a goner. The strawberry's stems are turning red and flopping over. Darn those tiny drops of honeydew! Darn them to heck.

and

2) pokey, the subject of the above visual representation. I found him while searching with my visiting friend through the Castro district for a sushi place, which was ultimatley closed. Found him in a Pictionary game box, which I also picked up. Oh Pokey, whose red-orange has inspired a thousand crayons.

Incidently, the Pictionary game will be a perfect addition to my small collection of board games that will get a little exercise this Friday as my roommate and I are hosting our first social: a game night! Open house for classmates and friends. A chance to share aphids and Pokey with the world!

3 comments:

Tinky/Caddy said...

she's back!

i remember spending part of an afternoon in grade school studying your little hungry invaders.

cyathula said...

So is the Pictionary game intact? I guess the only things it seemed to be missing were pads and pencils, which are no big deal.

jennifer said...

pictionary game is all there, except for pencils and pads of paper. didn't get to play it though. played card games mostly, which i think ppl enjoyed sufficiently.

Ahh, i tried the soapy water thing and the buggers are still there! I guess i need to be more vigliant though and do the treatment everyday or something. arrrg.