Sunday, November 12, 2006

sweet potatoes, persimmons, and papayas

all orange.

feel caught and split between school and field placement. this the second-year students had warned us of. where does the psychic energy go? finish up two days of classes to throw myself into three days of child welfare. so far the child welfare portion is what dogs my thoughts and dreams. incompetence and mistakes and immaturity. my self-esteem gets very small when i think about my internship. the feelings of, "christ, what am i doing?" then feeling like an aweful student because i get so little done during the week and on the weekends. eee, this is a depressing post, eh?

hmm...let's find something more light hearted.

oh, had a wonderful experience interviewing my sister's coworker in Sac. she's someone who at the age of 65 found the liberation and independence that she never had living always as someone's dependent. First with men, then with women, and now finally on her own, making it on her own. It was an interview for my human sexuality class so you can imagine there were other things that I asked, but the message she left me with was a exuberance for life and a gratitude for how good things are. Ai, it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Tinky/Caddy said...

baby steps, little yet steely sozialarbeiter