Saturday, December 09, 2006

O Tennenbaum, O Tennenbaum!



Ai, amidst the craziness of trying to complete essays for school and be effective and competent at my internship I've been feeling extra stressed and anxious. I think only now do I feel like I have some perspective on what I'm doing and what my responsibilities are. This includes 3 finals that I need to get done over the next week. *Whimper* Ah, but I am very glad that my roommate and I went and got ourselves a Christmas tree! Yes, it is a little bare sitting on its white plastic disposal bag, but it is beautiful is it not? For lack of a variety of ornaments, it is decorated with some glass balls from Long's, origami birds, and stuffed animals. For lack of an angel or star topper, I stuck my black -woman -perhaps -Aunt -Jemimia -not -culturally -competent - but - very -interesting finger puppet from Peru.

I'm very much looking forward to going home this year. See the family and just be home (to be able to be with my family but not overwhelmed by them). See old friends and catch up. Run around Houston a bit and just relax. Mmm, some home-cooked Chinese food will not be bad either. One more week!

2 comments:

cyathula said...

that's a pretty big christmas tree! i wouldn't call it bare, honestly, it looks pretty well decked out.

jennifer said...

i guess i'm thinking of the "before" when it was just a random tree in the corner of the living room. i've never had a real tree. it smells lovely.