Wednesday, April 04, 2007

snoqualmie

Ok, I didn't go to Snoqualmie, but I vaguely associate the word with Seattle because my sis went on a trip to Seattle and went to the falls and I think it is just a cute name. Snoqualmie!

Report of conclusion of Spring Break...went to Seattle with sis to visit much loved friend. (KK, your the best!) We also went with the intention of scoping out Seattle U for my sis. I think despite her reservations--a too chipper L1 student giving us an über positive tour of the school and a very white class that we sat in on where students looked up celebrity news and updated their myspace accounts on their laptops--she loves Seattle and may just end up there. We had a lovely time too playing with friend, meeting people, and traipsing around downtown. It was so weird though to think about graduate school, leaving it or staring it anew. Phases of life. Next steps. Adulthood...ok, i'm scaring myself. Last word about that...Snoqualmie!

---------------------------

Oh, in poking around the internet for a picture of Seattle, I popped to this blog by a Seattlite woman. She's thirty and married. She just had a baby. She's a geologist. Writes such frank and funny entries about her life. Beautiful and simple. Check it out misspudding.

1 comment:

Tinky/Caddy said...

it was good seeing you too