Wednesday, September 05, 2007

camino de paradiso

I drove to paradise, ca today to retrieve the belongings of kids. it was a three-hour drive up through sacramento up to into the woods by chico. i had to take a huge van for its cargo capacity. the biggest car i've ever driven. it did the beep beep thing every time i put it in reverse. it also did not have an FM tuner so i only got talk radio. it gave me a lot of time to think.

it's time to let things go. things that aren't working. it's ok to be friends.

the route up wasn't much to look at. but the route back through antioch was beautiful. there are forest fires around abouts and so there is a haze. but it made the water of the bay a glassy gray and the green of the trees seemed that much greener and the yellow grass a flaming orange. like a river in the jungle, or malaysia. and i crossed little and big bridges and drove on roads along levees. the calm, heavy quiet was beautiful.

paradise. hmm, maybe not so much the place itself, but the road away from it.

2 comments:

Tinky/Caddy said...

A reasonable, I think, request to those who found my once-but-no-longer-open blog and who now appear to have found me in my real life place of work (at my non-day job, so to speak). I would appreciate you're respecting my privacy.

Thank you.
And thank you in advance, Jo, for allowing me to post this in your space.

jennifer said...

oh, no problem. i'm glad you still visit!