Friday, August 28, 2009

I'll have one crabby patty!

I decided to forgo the beach as the rain keeps flying in over the mountains in waves throughout the day. The forecast did not look good for a trip to the beach. Or a 4-hour bus ride. Ugh, please no more bus in the mountains... So instead I´m staying in San Cristobol. I think this may be the most relaxing vacation I´ve had, not because of what I´m doing or where I am, but because I don´t feel stressed out. This is a very new feeling for me, one that I´ve not really experienced in my life before. I kind of like it, but don´t know what to do with it really. Also, my friend´s friend is very much into stargazing and has a great location for it up in the hills of San Cristobol. He showed me a computer program he has that follows the position of the stars and he also calculated my zodiac sign, which is actually cancer and not leo, owning to the variations of positions of the stars over time which do not follow the Gregorian calendar. Cancer! It was like a whole revelation for me. I was always figured there was nothing to astrology as it got my personality as a leo completely wrong. I'm the opposite of an outgoing person who can command attention in a crowd. But, as a cancer, well, that is a whole revelation. I can totally count myself as an introvert with mood swings and a huge loyalty complex. Maybe there is something to this astrology stuff. Really it just made me think about myself and how I see myself. I can accept my weaknesses, knowing that the flip side of them are also my greatest strengths. Now which signs are cancers compatible with?

2 comments:

TNK said...

leos, i hope =) if i even am one, according to your star-gazer friend...

jennifer said...

i think you fit the characteristics of a leo. but what is all this astrology stuff anyway. will the mysteries of my life be solved if i got my palm read?