Friday, February 24, 2012

2012: this is what i'm gonna do this year

Oi, it has been a long time since I've posted anything on this blog.  A lot has happened since I last posted, the most notable being that I bought a cute craftsman house in Oakland.  That's right, a house!  I could not have found a place more perfect and lovely.  I sure rented a nice apartment, and now I own an even more beautiful home.  Ok, that was the main big thing. 

Even as February is now almost gone, I continue to think about what I want this year to be for me, and I have come up with a few goals.  They include the following:

- Study for and take my licensure exam for social work before October, hopefully by the summer (progress so far is slow as I am only studying about one day a week)
- Travel somewhere outside the country (projected goal so far is Morocco and Spain)
- Plant some kind of garden situation (the lawn also needs mowing, ahh!)
- Dress like I know I'm pretty (I've already found that I've been wearing the wrong size jeans.  It is time to wear clothes that fit and look flattering.)
- Be bold!  And I mean both in my work and personal life (I have even tried asking guys out!  Mixed success so far, but I know now that I have the guts to do it.  Also, I just rented a cello for a month to see if I can enjoy something that used to make me feel so self conscious.)
- Keep learning how to be kind to others (along with family members and friends, I am also including my roommate's dog who sometimes confounds me)
- Do things that I enjoy and enjoy it (like going dancing when I feel like it or drawing when I feel like it or singing when I feel like it)

Maybe there needs to be more detail in this post for that list of things to even make sense.  But it makes sense to me.  And I hope I can remember these things and really practice them.  Viva 2012!

No comments: