Tuesday, November 01, 2005

B is for Busted.

One of the biggest challenges, which I didn't even think would be such a problem, is learning how to be a student again. Suddenly realizing that on top of work, internship, and school I still have to come home to reading and assignments and group work and looming exams is too much sometimes. I didn't think it would be hard to go back to school! And yes, as the title suggests, I have not been making shining A's on my recent exam and paper. I obviously still have some room to improve, don't I? It's time to do the reading I have postponed, the research that I put off, and (alas) the sleep that I so dearly need.

I had a meeting with the faculty and graduate students that I am working with on a empirical review of parent training programs for my work study job as a research assistant. Thankfully, I did not repeat my comic performance of head-bobbing this time and actually had something constructive to offer. I repeat--I need more sleep! Social Work school has also been my training ground for appropriate work behavior. So much more formal than I am used to. By the way, evidence appears to suggest that parent training programs are beneficial, though it is a tricky balance to fit the needs of the target client population. Longer programs seem to work better. Let 's work together to end maladaptive and coercive parenting behavior!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Thanks Angel. I'll take a look at the article. It will we like reading one of my assignments for school. Heehee.