Tuesday, June 19, 2007

blathering blatherskipes!

So I think I'll write this post backwards through time. Went to Vegas this weekend for the first time. This pic off a Jose Cuervo table encapsulates much of the experience quite well. Had more to drink in two days than I typically have in half a year. I think by the end my body was begging me to be a little more boring. But I must say, I had a blast.
There really is nothing like walking for miles down the strip, lights, lush hotels, everything is brighter and more real than the real thing. Paris Paris was like a super concentrated dose of Paris. New York New York the same. I'm not sure I can describe that any better. Any concept of what a hotel is has been jacked up exponentially. The extreme of luxury and consumerism.
And crazy hot there too. It was consistently 110 degrees. Oh, I don't have any pics to go along with this, but picture three ppl, all in their twenties, zipping around a golf course in a red golf cart, getting pulled over by a golf court marshal, who just happened to be a retired California Highway Patrolman. He's convinced we are driving his golf cart and proceeds to inspect under the hood, the batteries and even sit in the thing to confirm that we hadn't jacked his cart. Tells us he's been chasing us down the court. And not so kindly indicates that we need to beat it. Man, why drive little carts if you can't enjoy them a bit. Alas. Las Vegas was a blast.
Oh, here's a neat little comics exhibit in the Oakland Airport. Got to the airport so late that we were the last ppl on the plane. And in the process of running to our gate I took a nice spill and ate carpet. Lovely.
Took a nice hike a few weeks before up in Point Reyes, Marin, where cliffs meet the ocean. Gorgeous. And the trail head was signaled not by a sign with a map but with Wonder Woman.
And one day took myself to the Berkeley Marina for some kite flying. I love the stringing out, but need a reel of something to bring the kite back in. That alone took like half an hour.
----------------------------------
And...no pics for this either...I didn't get a job with San Francisco County. I was quite devastated considering I really thought I would get the job. But, reality and rationality is kicking me back and I'm now in the throes of completing applications for every other bay area county, like I should have to begin with. Here's hoping I get a job. Here's hoping this MSW turns into something. Here's hoping I can pay next month's rent. Beooooooooo.

No comments: