Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dora dan Diego

Oh, funny things I wanted to also mention from Malaysia:

1. I saw on a school a picture of Dora and Diego made to look Chinese in black hair, and dressed the white shirt and light blue bottom school uniform. Wow, those kids are more popular than Sponge Bob.

2. On the flight to Kuching from Singapore the flight attendant announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have arrived in Kuching International Airport." Are we at carnival or something?

3. I did see swastikas decorating a Buddhist temple. Ok. But then I also saw a teenager with a red t-shirt that had a black swastika in the middle of a white circle. Um, girl, Nazi fashion is not cute.

4. We went to a restaurant that made the popular Singapore chicken rice and also featured tian ji. I was like, field chicken? My mom explained that it was frog. Chicken of the rice patty! It did taste like chicken too.

No comments: